“Democratize the Future”
John S. Kim (김동신, 金東信) is the Co-Founder and CEO of SendBird, the no.1 Chat API for mobile apps and websites. (Y Combinator W16, Techstars S14). We power 100M monthly chat users on our platform, employ ~200 dedicated team members, and have raised over $120M+ USD to-date from ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, and Y Combinator.
This blog is intended to be an open-letter to my family and partners, and as a notepad for my thoughts. I hope it will show vulnerability, shortcomings, lessons from my trials and tribulations, to nurture my own growth-mindset and openness to experience.
Previously, I was the Founder and CEO of Paprika Lab, a social gaming company, founded in 2007, grew to 30 people, and got acquired by GREE, a Japanese public company in 2012.
My focus is on building and scaling a technology company. (Check out Startup stack) I’ve majored Computer Science and Engineering from Seoul National University. I happen to be Korea’s all-time no.1 Unreal Tournament pro-gamer.
- The Big Five – slightly more in-depth results are here.
- Extraversion: Very High
- Neuroticism: Exceptionally Low
- Conscientiousness: Very High
- Agreeableness: Exceptionally Low
- Openness to Experience: Moderately High
- MBTI: ENTJ-A
- DISC: DC
- Strengths Finder: Achiever, Competition, Activator, Futuristic, Focus
Our Family Core Values
👉 A post on my family’s core values
- Positive Tenacity
- Learn & Adapt
- Think Long-term
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/doshkim
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/positivetenacity
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dosh/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doshkim/
- AngelList: https://angel.co/doshkim