“Democratize the Future”
John S. Kim (김동신) is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sendbird, the no.1 conversations platform for mobile apps. (Y Combinator W16, Techstars S14). We power 300M+ monthly chat users on our platform, employ 300+ dedicated team members, and have raised over $220M+ USD to-date from ICONIQ, Tiger Global, Steadfast, SoftBank Vision Fund, Meritech, Emergence, WiLab, Shasta, August, and Y Combinator.
Investor at Valon Capital in B2B/SaaS, fintech, and deep tech startups.
Previously, I was the Founder and CEO of Paprika Lab, a social gaming company that was acquired by GREE, a Japanese public company in 2012.
My focus is on building and scaling technology companies and helping other entrepreneurs. I’ve majored Computer Science and Engineering from Seoul National University. Once upon a time, was a #1 pro-gamer in Unreal Tournament in Korea.
- The Big Five – slightly more in-depth results are here.
- Extraversion: Very High
- Neuroticism: Exceptionally Low
- Conscientiousness: Very High
- Agreeableness: Exceptionally Low
- Openness to Experience: Moderately High
- MBTI: ENTJ-A
- DISC: DC
- Strengths Finder: Achiever, Competition, Activator, Futuristic, Focus
Our Family Core Values
👉 A post on my family’s core values
- Positive Tenacity
- Learn & Adapt
- Think Long-term
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/doshkim
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/positivetenacity
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dosh/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doshkim/
- AngelList: https://angel.co/doshkim