Hello there foreigners and immigrants. Yeah that’s you (and me).
Today, I’m going to save you few bucks from expensive consulting fees with the immigration lawyers. Sadly, below does not cover the details, but will give you an idea of which route you can take.
There are five VISA types for international founders/entrepreneurs entering the U.S.: L1, E2, EB5, H1B, O
Let’s go through each of them briefly below:
- For whom? Expats(execs, managers, specialists) working at US Entity (with minimum of 1 year employment history at the foreign company)
- Duration & Extension 3 yrs + 3 yrs (+ 1 yr for execs/managers) (total 6 ~ 7 yrs max)
- Difficulty Depends on the company (must show that it will survive, easier with $1M+ previous funding)
- Quota Any time (get the result in 15 days after filing using premium processing)
- Family/Spouse can work? Yes
- Greencard Yes